Insomnia is a type of sleep disorder where an individual finds it difficult to fall and stay asleep. It has become a very common problem taking toll on our routine lives. There can underlying problems accompanying Insomnia, like – depression, anxiety, stress, overthinking, etc. It can cause fatigue and make you feel drowsy all day. Chronic insomnia can lead to serious health issues.
Some of the common symptoms of Insomnia are –
- Difficulty in falling asleep irrespective of the tiredness and fatigue
- Waking up frequently during the night
- Trouble getting back to sleep when awakened
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Using sleeping pills or alcohol to fall asleep
- Drowsiness, fatigue, irritability and difficulty in concentrating during the day
Treatment for Insomnia consists of behavioural changes like –
- Going to bed early
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol before sleep
- Early dinner and keeping a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleep
- Doing meditation before sleep
- Sleeping in cosy, calm and dark surroundings
Essential Oils are one of the most effective natural ways to tackle sleeping disorders. They can be used in Diffusers, where inhaling them before going to sleep has wonderful effects.
Aromatize offers 2 effective Essential Oil Blends for Insomnia. They are –
- Restful Nights: This blend has a calming effect on the brain as well as the body and will surely relax you enough to slip into a deep sleep.
- Dreamland: This unique blend has a soothing and tranquilizing ability that ensures the early onset of sleep. It also improves the overall sleep quality.
These are available in 2 forms –
- Bottle Blends: Bottle Blends can be used by adding 4-6 drops in diffuser water or 2-3 drops on the corner of the pillow. Our Blends are prepared from 100% pure Essential Oils which evaporate slowly, hence they don’t stain the cloth. Even 2-3 drops can be added to a small cotton roll and kept near the pillow in the bedroom.
- Roll-On Blends: Roll-On Blends can be applied on the wrist before going to sleep, so that they can be inhaled periodically until you fall asleep. Remember, DO NOT apply Roll-On Blends on the pillow as they contain carrier oils and can stain the cloth.
For best results, keep the room dark and quiet.