Designed for patients with Post Viral Olfactory Dysfunction, i.e. loss of smell and altered smell
Essential Oils have proved to be beneficial for regaining the impaired sense of smell by stimulating and opening up the Olfactory pathway.Smell training is one of the methods used in facilitating recovery of the olfactory sense.
It is used for the smell training for the patients who have lost their sense of smell die to post viral olfactory dysfunction particularly COVID 19.
The four training oils are selected based on the classical classification of primary odors (odor prisms) proposed by Henning in 1916.
These oils have specific chemical constituents which has anti viral,anti inflammatory and olfactory cell regeneration properties.
- 7 ml vials of the following 100 % Pure and Natural Essential Oils –
- Sterile Cotton
- Instruction Manual
Lemon Essential Oil
It is extracted from the fresh fruit rinds of plant Citrus limon by cold expression. Terpene mainly Limonene is the major constituent of it. It has great Antiviral and regeneration and Anti-inflammatory properties.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
It is extracted from the leaves and twigs of plant Eucalyptus globulus by steam distillation. Eucalyptol, pinene, Cymene , Myrcene and Terpinene are the major compounds in this Oil.It rich in Anti-inflammatory properties.
Clove Essential Oil
It is extracted from the buds of Syzygium aromaticum by steam distillation. Eugenol and Eugenol acetate and Caryophyllene are the major constituents. It has significant Anti-inflammatory property.
Rose Essential Oil
It is extracted from the fresh flower tops of Rosa centifolia by steam distillation. It’s major constituents are citronellol, geraniol, nerol and linalool. It has antiviral, regenerative and soothing properties.
- Relax and sit comfortably.
- Choose the bottle of Essential Oils as per the sequence mentioned in the manual.
- Place a few drops of the Essential Oil on a cotton ball and let it sit for one minute.
- Hold the pad within an inch of the nose. Close your eyes and breath mindfully.
- Inhale slowly and naturally for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Visualize the fruit/tree/flower you are inhaling. Try to remember their respective aromas. For example if you are inhaling Lemon, then visualize Lemon fruit and try to remember the Lemon’s citric aroma.
- Take a break of 30 seconds.
- Move on to the next essential oil and repeat the process. Do it for all the four Essential Oils.
- Do it twice a day (morning and night) at least for 12 weeks.
- Be consistent. With the repeated olfactory stimulation, olfactory training can promote olfactory neuron regeneration and can even generate new synaptic connections.
- It’s advisable to keep a diary to track your progress. This helps you notice positive changes and stay motivated.
- If there is no improvement after completing the 12 weeks of Smell Training Kit 1, it is recommended to switch to the Smell Training Kit 2.
- Only for inhalation use.
- Do not apply onto the skin, nose, mouth and eyes.
- Avoid prolonged inhalation (more than 10 minutes) at a time.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid if pregnant or nursing.
- Wash your hands with soap after every training session.
- Store the bottles in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposing the bottle to direct sunlight.
This Kit is a supportive care for the loss of smell or altered smell caused by viral illness, particularly the COVID-19 infection. Loss of smell due to other causes like head injury may not be resolved by this. It is recommended to seek medical attention whenever needed.